Monday, October 20, 2008

THS Class of 1978!!

Time to eat!
Becky Beard with Karen King behind her. Hi Becky! It was sure great to see and talk with you again!

Beth Durtschi, Becky Beard and Wendy Wade with Bret Hatch in the striped shirt behind these lovely girls!

My good friends Wade and Trudy Green Treasure with Dennis Beckman

Beth, Becky and Karen

I can't believe that it has been 30 years since the class of 1978 of Teton High School in Driggs, Idaho graduated! Where have all the years gone? I remember my parents going to their 25th and 30th class reunions and thinking, "Man, they are old!" Now that does not seem that old! Age is relative. You are only as old as you feel and right now I feel pretty good. (Fake hips help!) It was nice to see the classmates who did make it. Most of the time this is the only time that we all get to see each other. It was fun talking to everyone. Most of us are Grandparents. Some of us are empty nesters. That seems so weird to say! It was fun trying to recognize each person as they arrived. Patty Anderson Zohner and her husband, Bruce did the dutch oven chicken and potatoes, along with Bruce's dad, Darryl. It was delicious! We missed the ones who were unable to make it. It was great to see Bret Hansen from Oklahoma and Dennis Beckman from Califonia, who most of us had not seen for a long time. I always felt that the THS class of 1978 was an awesome class to belong to. We look forward to the next 5 years. Jana Stull Egbert agreed to take charge for the next one. I look forward to seeing you all again and catching up on what has happened to all of us over these next five years! I wish you all the very best!
Linda Hartshorn Bergeson, me, Trudy Green Treasure, Sara McCulloch and Wendy Wilson
Bret Hansen, Linda, Patty Zohner, Gaylene Thomas Murdock, Ray Breckenridge, me, Jana Stull Egbert
Bret, you were always such a great friend!
Linda, Dennis Beckman and Sara. Linda and Sara picked up Dennis at the SLC airport and drove on up to the valley where they played for two days before heading back home. It was kind of a Thelma, Louise and Dennis! What a fun group to hang out with! We should all get together alot more often than every five years, don't you think!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Les my friend! You must have blogged for hours - I'm so proud of you. I was in Driggs this weekend and saw your parents and heard about your dad. Trudy said you had been there taking care of him. Wow! You have had quite the summer. He looks good and was at both the football game and Cheryl's reception, so must be doing pretty dang good. I just skimmed your blog and can't wait to have time to check out your whole summer. Go class of '78! Hahaha!