Monday, October 20, 2008

24th of July SLC Marathon!

Scott and Corbin participated in the SLC 24th of July Marathon. It's not one of the funnest marathons,(if you could ever call a marathon fun), but since we were going to be in the area the week after for a class and family reunion, and since they were both training for an Iron Man in Florida this November, they decided to use this as a training marathon. I was a little worried about Scott before this marathon because he was on this special iron man diet that I did not think it was giving him enough to eat. Well, they both finished but not in the time that they were hoping for. Scott had ran two other marathons before this and was hoping to beat his time. I think that this diet was too hard on him and did not give him the reserve he needed to do as well as he wanted. Corbin caught up to him around mile 16 or so. Scott had started cramping up and was having a hard time getting it to go away. They finished the rest of the race together. Scott decided after the race that he was done with this particular diet. It was nice to see him eat again after this. The other runners say that this is a hard one to run. Corbin had ran it before 2 years ago and didn't like it then. I am always proud of Corbin and now Scott whenever they run anything bigger than 1 mile, let alone 26.2 miles!! Congratulations!
The runners and their fan club!

Corbin's always pretty wet and stinky after he runs. Oh well, go ahead and hug me, I'll dry!!
Taylor cheering them on!
Here they come after rounding the last corner down to the finish line. It is always amazing watching all of the runners cross the finish line. Some don't even look tired and some look like they may never make it across. It's amazing the different sizes and ages that you see participate in these!! Two bad my fake hips won't let me run anymore, not that I ran much anyways, but still, it would be fun to be able to run a little bit, but at least I can walk!! You appreciate that so much more after you go through a time when even thinking about taking a step, kills you!! Thank goodness for modern medicine and orthopedic surgeons!!
Corbin seeing me taking pictures of them finishing
Looking good boys!!
How neat to see my husband and son cross that finish line together! Proud of the both of you.
The marathon finishers!!


No comments: