Friday, May 16, 2008

Missed Corbin's finish for his half marathon!

Yes, this is Corbin reminding me that I missed his finish for the half marathon that he did. He took off 1/2 hour after Scott did for the marathon. He told me that he will be probably be about 2 hours. Well, I went back to the motel and showered and got ready to go back and see him finish, which is only about 1/2 a block away from the motel. Just as I was finishing my hair, in walked Corbin with his medal on and sweating like he had just finished his half marathon in record time!! He had, and I had missed it! I was starting to worry that I might be cutting it close, but no, I totally missed it! Now I know how Michele Cornia, my friend feels because she never saw her husband cross the finish line of his marathon in Logan, UT and we were both at the finish line then watching the runners. Ryan, just ran past us and finished and we never knew. At least we were there that time. I wasn't even at the line when Corbin crossed. That means no pictures of the finish, either!
I made Corbin pose in the motel room with his medal, clothes and sweat, just to prove that he did run today! Corbin was hassled by his running partner, Ryan Cornia, for only running a half a marathon today and I told him that running half a marathon was just fine with me and that it would probably be a nice break for him. Well, he wasn't suppose to go as fast as he did. He finished it in 1:45!! If he would of kept that pace up, it would of a been a new record for a marthon for him, but he should be proud of this one and hopefully will forgive me for missing his strong finish!! Never again will I miss another one of his finishes!!!
13.1 miles in 1:45! Great job, hon!

No comments: