Friday, February 29, 2008

Happy 50th Wedding Anniversary Mom & Dad

February 6th was my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. They happened to be up here in Moses Lake to watch Scott play basketball and Kendra dance, so I wanted to make the day extra special for them. I mean how many people get to celebrate 50 years of marriage! I wrapped my stairrail with red lighted hearts and had balloons everywhere so they would see them when they woke up that morning. Taylor and I even served them belgium waffles with strawberries and whipped cream in bed before Taylor had to go off to school. She was pretty excited for them.
I had balloons like this all over and house and at lunch at one of our favorite places to eat called Dana's.
I had blown up their wedding pictures and had placed them in frames throughout my living room. It took awhile for them to notice that the pictures were of them, but they finally did. They were trying to figure out how I got all of these pictures. Lots of planning.
A dozen red roses I thought would be appropriate for this important day. Mom's wedding colors were red and white. They were married at my Grandma's house around 5 p.m. by Bishop Dick Buxton and Dale Price took their wedding pictures. They went that evening to Jackson Hole but returned the next night to go to a ballgame back home in Driggs. They both said that there really wasn't anything else to do and going to ballgames on their anniversary became their most common way to celebrate their anniversary since Dad coached basketball for 30 years after they were married with just a few breaks in between. That is where our love for basketball began and continues today!
Happy 50th Anniversary Mom and Dad. I look forward to the big celebration with the whole family this summer. We will really party then! Thanks for finding each other and for starting this family of ours which will go on forever all because two people fell in love!

2 comments:

Stephanie Kay Moore said...

It's about stinkin' time mom! haha Now you've got to stay up to speed... : ) Love th epictures. Wish I were home for all the memories!

walters said...

Woohoo! Good job Mom! Looks so cute! I love all the posts and pictures! You really did stay up too late doing all those! : ) We love you! ; )